By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sign In
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Reading: “Will vote unanimously for INDIA bloc candidate”: Uddhav Thackeray ahead of Vice President elections – World News Network
Share
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > “Will vote unanimously for INDIA bloc candidate”: Uddhav Thackeray ahead of Vice President elections – World News Network
National

“Will vote unanimously for INDIA bloc candidate”: Uddhav Thackeray ahead of Vice President elections – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: August 29, 2025 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], August 29(ANI): Shiv Sena (UBT) Chief Uddhav Thackeray on Friday highlighted the importance of the upcoming Vice Presidential elections, saying the country must uphold the dignity of the post by choosing a “suitable person.” He indicated that his party would extend its full support to the candidate fielded by the INDIA bloc.
“The upcoming elections are important for the country because we have to vote to maintain the dignity of the post of Vice President. We need a suitable person for that post. We dont know what happened to the former Vice President that he had to suddenly resign… We will vote unanimously in favour of the INDIA bloc candidate,” Thackeray said while, addressing a press conference.
Earlier, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis reached out to Shiv Sena (UBT) chief Uddhav Thackeray and NCP-SC leader Sharad Pawar, seeking their support for the NDA’s Vice Presidential candidate, CP Radhakrishnan.
While Thackeray said he would consider the request and respond after discussions, Pawar indicated that his party would back the Opposition’s nominee.
Speaking to reporters, CM Fadnavis said, “I spoke to Uddhav Thackery ji and Sharad Pawar ji and requested them to support Maharashtra Governor’s (CP Radhakrishnan) candidature for Vice Presidential elections. Uddhav ji told me that he will discuss and let me know. Sharad Pawar ji said that he will have to go with the candidate fielded by the Opposition.”
On August 21, Opposition INDIA bloc’s Vice-Presidential nominee and former Supreme Court Judge B. Sudershan Reddy filed his nomination papers for the upcoming election, describing the moment as an honour and pledging to discharge the role with impartiality, dignity, and a steadfast commitment, if elected.
Reddy submitted the nomination in the presence of Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge, Congress Parliamentary Party chairperson Sonia Gandhi, and Lok Sabha Leader of Opposition Rahul Gandhi.
In a statement released after filing his nomination, Justice (Retd.) Reddy said, “Today, I had the honour of filing my nomination papers for the office of the Vice President of India as a joint candidate of the Opposition parties. I did so with a deep sense of humility, responsibility, and unwavering commitment to the values enshrined in our Constitution.”
The election for the Vice President of India will see a direct contest between Justice Reddy, backed by the INDIA bloc, and NDA’s nominee C P Radhakrishnan.
The Election Commission had earlier announced that polling for the Vice Presidential election would take place on September 9, with counting to take place the same day.
The Vice Presidential post fell vacant after Jagdeep Dhankhar resigned on the first day of the Monsoon Session of Parliament on July 21, citing health reasons.
Recently, Sudershan Reddy said that the election for the Vice President is not a battle but a clash of ideology, while highlighting that he disagrees with the ideology and not C.P. Radhakrishnan, the NDA candidate for the position.
He added that he has nothing personal against NDA candidate C.P. Radhakrishnan, “There is nothing personal between C.P. Radhakrishnan and me. We have never even met each other. So I wanted this to be a decent contest, not between individuals but between two different ideologies…” (ANI)


Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

Telangana: Union Minister Bandi Sanjay discusses ongoing relief ops in flood-hit areas with state revenue minister – World News Network

DGCA approves IndiGo’s request to extend agreement with Turkish Airlines for 6 months – World News Network

Bengaluru techie dies by suicide; parents allege dowry harassment – World News Network

Uttarakhand: Over 70 people evacuated after heavy rain and cloudburst; 16 still buried under debris – World News Network

Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board refutes misleading media claims – World News Network

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article “Extremely shameful!”: BJP on “indecent language” used against PM Modi’s late mother at Voter Adhikar Yatra – World News Network
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -

Latest News

From Ancient Elements to Modern Luxury: NBR Group’s Soul of the Seasons Emerges as Best Themed Residential Project – World News Network
Business August 29, 2025
Ozone Pharmaceuticals CMD launches his latest book 13 Prescriptions for Success in Life – World News Network
Business August 29, 2025
Digant Sharma Meets Union Minister Shripad Naik to Present Project SAKSHAM – A National Drive for Financial Inclusion – World News Network
Business August 29, 2025
Indian stock markets fall for third straight session – World News Network
Business August 29, 2025

Sports

“Indian team has no competition here”: Bhola Nath Singh ahead of Hockey Men’s Asia Cup 2025 – World News Network
Sports
Mansukh Mandaviya pays floral tribute to Major Dhyan Chand on ocassion of National Sports Day – World News Network
Sports

Popular Category

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • National
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Videos
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Press Release
  • Press Release Distribution Packages

Entertainment

Heidi Gardner exits Saturday Night Live after 8 years – World News Network
Entertainment
Director Ridley Scott “turned down a 20M USD fee” when offered to direct ‘Terminator III’ – World News Network
Entertainment
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Follow US
Copyright © 2023 World News Network. All Rights Reserved
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?